Trek to Prachitgad vai Shrungarpur Route
Day 1 - Day-1
Things To Carry
- 1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
- 2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
- 3. Water bottle (atleast 2.5 ltr) compulsory
- 4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
- 5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
- 6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
- 7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
- 8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
- 9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
- 10. Plate, spoon, mug (Compulsory)
- 11. Odomos Cream (Compulsory)
1. How safe the Paragliding, here in Bir-Billing?
Paragliding is an adventurous activity. One enjoyed it as much, as you fear from it. More the fare factor, more the thrill and more the adventure. As you concerned about safety, this is your real and true worry, if you flying first time here in Billing. Our Pilots are experienced, trained and know all the flying zones here. Bir-Billing Paragliding is quite safe, pilots here are experienced in tandem flights (2 person fly in one paraglider – one is pilot and other person is for joy ride). All the control and direction handled by pilot. Pilot flying with you have knowledge of air speed, altitude, clouds, wind, temperature and the route required for safe flight, you just enjoy the flight and he handle the rest.
Mr. Arvind Paul handle and manage all the paragliding flights. Mr. Arvind was 1st among Indians Pilots in paragliding world cup which was held in Oct 2015. He is the best pilot of India. He make sure all the safety measures during tandem paragliding flights like proper paragliding gears, flying pilots briefing, training time to time, wind examination, weather examination, thermals examination during periods of time. Presence of Mr Arvind in handling our paragliding make us best and safest team to do paragliding in Bir Billing Valley.
Bir-Billing is among top ten paragliding destinations in the World. Geographical and Climatic conditions here are favorable and best suited for parasailing and Paragliding. During paragliding flight most typical moment is take off, when you leave earth contact and start flying in sky. Bir-Billing known for it’s easy and safe takeoff. Most of the time– Paraglider lifts you, once it spread in air without running. Some need to run for while, in takeoff ground. But want to ensure about your safe, adventurous and memorable experience of Paragliding in our home at Bir-Billing, Himachal Pradesh.
2. When to visit Bir-Billing for Paragliding?
Best time or best season for the Paragliding.:- Paragliding is possible throughout the year except the monsoon. Monsoon here from early July to late September. Monsoon here are with very heavy rain from July to September, which is the time when paragliding is closed in Bir Billing. Bir-Billing is located in the foothills of Dhauladhar mountain range of Himalaya’s , which provide amazing weather conditions throughout the year.
3. What to do here in Bir-Billing other then Paragliding:-
Bir and Billing are twin destinations with other options nearby places. Many are hidden and many are known. We are committed to provide best information to our guests. Some them as below:-
- Paragliding experience at Bir-Billing.
- Trekking to Raj gundha village (semi tribal) recommended trek.
- Hanuman Garh day hike- Hike to top of valley at 11500 ft. from sea level.
- Mountain Biking. (many routes check the link).
- Camping in Bir Billing at Camp Oak View. (many routes check the link).
- Palpung shererbling monastery bhattu, Baijnath.
- Mukutnath temple (1st Tulsi plant still surviving here ) at Sansal 8 km. from Bir.
- 9th Century Baijnath Temple at 12 km. from Bir.
- Tatani hot water spring at 28 km. drive and 6 km. trek.
- Tribal Bara Bhangal valley trek for 8 Days to Chamba valley from Bir.
- Barot Valley: Heaven on Earth -Home of Trout fish, trekking, relax and leisure stay.
- Joginder Nagar Houlage – Way – trolley (Working on the principle of pully) to 8250 ft.
- Toy Train. (Kangra Valley Train).
- Visit to Palampur. (Tea Garden Town of Himachal Pardesh).
- Dharamshala – Macleodganj. (His Hilliness Dalai Lama Town).
- Kangra Devi, Chamunda Devi, Jawala ji Devi, Chintpurni Temples.
- Include items
- Exclude items
Terms & Conditions
Write Your Own Review
InterestingIndeed it was very interesting trek!! One will get chance to visit one of the ancient forts in Sahyadri Mountains.
June 09, 2015
NiceIts very nice place for trekking. Everyone must go..
June 08, 2015
AwesomeIt was Awesome experience.. Loved it...
June 08, 2015