Day 1 - Arriving at Dehradun railway station and drive to Sankri
- A misty morning and a nostalgic feeling, yes this childhood feeling of traveling to a hill station with your parents will capture your mind as you travel across to the lanes of Dehradun, to reach your destination the Railway station, Dehradun in the early morning.
- Yes, advice are quite clear time is 6:30 a.m., the bag is tightly packed; woolen clothes are sufficient enough to keep you warm in the snow packed mountain pick and cliffs, sports shoes, sunglasses and water bottle. You may choose to keep your fashion quotient intact by also including sunglasses, watches and other electronic gadgetsâ€¦ thought not necessary.
- A quick introduction and briefing by the local hillbilly mountain climbers from Uttaranchal and you shall proceed with your journey itinerary. A sudden rush of blood down your spine you may feel as you imagine gigantic picks and snow covered mountains to welcome you with open arms in the land of God.
- your first stopover is Sankri a little sleepy hamlet lost in the wilderness of metro cities. On your way to Sankri you will come across tiny yet very welcoming roadside restaurants with the sweet smell of freshly cooked vegetables and hand toasted Paranthas, this sweet smell may surely raise your hunger prank from a long hibernation. You may be allowed to address your hunger and call of natures if you can keep up with your watch
- As you reorganize and begin your journey post initial break, you shall stop over very briefly for a quick lunch and head straight towards your destination, which is almost 10 hours of the journey from Dehradun.
- You shall reach Sankri in the late afternoon or in the evening and enjoy the first view of the gigantic mountain ranges and enjoy the beautiful sunset vision. Sankri is almost 1950 meters above the sea level and gateway for your trekking journey. It gives a magical view of the mountains which is the key factor for all the trekkers. After having a healthy dinner, it's time to pack your bags and prepare yourself to start the trekking as tomorrow everything is going to be started pretty soon.
Day 2 - Sankri to Taluka
- Good morning Sankri So you wake up at the break of dawn as the sudden cold starts gripping your bones, you must look for your nice and a warm cup of coffee and a bucket of hot water.
- As they sayâ€¦ acclimatization with the high altitude is the key for surviving in the mountain, you may feel you have done so by spending a night in Sankri which definitely will be put to test in the course of your trekking adventure.
- After having a prescribed breakfast (you my feel heavy breakfast must be essential for day long trekking this is a myth; it is the prescribed diet which keeps you fit and provides you sufficient energy, which you do not feel pressure in your belly), you will start your trek towards Taluka, your first destination which is 12 kilometres away from Sankri. Yes, you are allowed to carry some energy bars which shall provide your much needed glucose and protein during the course of trekking. Here, nobody can forget to fill your own water bottle and check your bag before head starting your first day trekking.
- You shall reach Taluka in the late afternoon, and many of you will have the first experiencing of enjoying the first night out under the sky in the tents A bonfire snacks and may be some folklore and spooky stories shall occupy you for the rest of the evening before you enjoy a nice and hot freshly cooked dinner before going in to your sleeping cocoons with lots of unexplored dreams in your eyes.