Everest Base Camp
Mount Everest, Nepal
15 Days14 Nights
Day 1 - Arrive at Kathmandu.
Day 2 - Kathmandu to Lukla, then walk to Phakding (2652m).
Pickup Time: 06.00 PM Drop Time: 12.00 AM
Things To Carry
- Trekking Bag
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes
- Crocs Shoes for rest days
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack
- Sleeping Bag
- Thermals - Top and Bottom
- Sunblock (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblock
- UV Protected Sun Glasses are a must
- Trekking Poles, 2 units
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets to purify water so that you can use for drinking purpose. (If you don’t get it in India, there are plenty available in Kathmandu)
- Good jacket to protect from cold
- One Wind cheater
- One Raincoat OR Waterproof Jacket and Trouser
- Cotton socks & wollen socks
- Lightweight Towel (1 unit)
- Toilet Paper (plenty)
- Wet-Tissue Papers (plenty)
- Trekking Socks
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates
- 1 small roll of repair tape, 1 sewing-repair kit
- 1 cigarette lighter, 1 small box of matches
- 1 digital camera with extra cards and batteries
- large Ziplocs
- 2 water bottles (1 liter each)
- 1 small folding knife
- Binoculars (optional)
- 4 large, waterproof, disposable rubbish sacks
- Small, personal first-aid kit. (simple and light)
- Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
- 1 skin-blister repair kit
- Anti-diarrhea pills
- Anti-headache pills
- Cough and/or cold medicine
- Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
- Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are a respiratory depressant.
- Water purification tablets or water filter
- 1 set of earplugs
- Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM/Cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines
- (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler's checks, etc.
- 2 nights' accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis
- 12 nights' accommodation in the trekking route on twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu-Lukla- Kathmandu Flight Tickets (2 ways).
- Airport drop and pick up.
- One porter guide (English speaking , Hindi Speaking, Nepali Speaking)
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person
- All necessary permits
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight
- Cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance & Tax
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- There are many alternative trekking itineraries in Everest. It ranges from eight days to twenty six days or even more. For general itinerary from Lukla to Everest Base Camp, it's difficulty grade can be defined as Demanding Grade trek. There are mainly four different factors to be considered while determining the trek difficulty grade. They are walking time, altitude, terrain and remoteness. Know more about factors determining trek difficulty grade for Lukla to Everest
- Base Camp Trekking.
- Walking Time During Everest Base Camp TrekFor demanding grade trek, walking time duration per day in average range between five to eight hours per day. There might be some days up to twelve hours walk. In Lukla to Everest Base Camp, you don't need to walk more than nine hours in a single day. Average walking time is six hours per day. Also the number of days is just thirteen.
- Altitude during Everest Base Camp Trek
- For demanding grade trek maximum elevation elevation limit is fifty hundred meter from sealevel. Everest base camp trek from Lukla starts with 2850 m from sea level and highest elevation encountered is 5545 m at Kalapatthar. The highest overnight stay is at 5179 m at Gorakshep. You will wait few hours at Kalapatthar (5545 m) for sunrise or sunset without additional effort. Also you can bypass this climb.Terrain during Everest Base Camp Trek For demanding grade trek terrain is a mix of steep ascend and descend, also marked and rocky trails. In Everest, trail in between Jhorsalle and Namche is steeply up. Also trail in between
- Phunki Thanga and Tengboche is steep up. It is a mix of steep up and down in some part. Also trail in between Gorakshep and Kalapatthar is mostly rocky. Trail also encountered some glacial walk while approaching Everest Base Camp.Remoteness of Everest Base Camp Tre For demanding grade trek remoteness is best described as multi days approach to the nearest
- motor able road and absence of general communication facilities. During Lukla to Everest Base Camp, nearest motor able road is in Salleri, which is at least three to four days walk, down lukla."
Terms & Conditions
Trekking is an adventure sport and it does have its’ own risk factor and the individual is responsible for their well being and understands all risks involved and also understands the role of the organizer as a facilitator.