Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Backpack Outdoors|
|Event Location||Vasota, Satara|
|Pickup Point||J. M. Road outside Mc Donalds, Pune|
|Pickup Time||06.00 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
2. Good quality trekking / sports shoes for trek
3. Comfortable footwear to wear when not on trek (optional)
4. Personal medication (Basic first aid will be available)
5. Water bottle(2 litres) and emergency food like plum cakes, biscuits (for trek)
6. Electral/ORS (Mandatory)
7. Extra clothes as needed
8. Mosquitoes repellent (just in case)
9. Winter clothes (it gets cold during the night)
11. Swimming costumes / alternate swimming kayaking (Optional)
|Itinerary||Day 1 -
6.00 am – Assemble & departure from outside Mc Donalds, J.M. Road. Breakfast on the way.
12.30 pm – Reach Campsite, allocation of tents, freshen up
1.00 pm – Lunch
2.00 pm – Free time.
4.00 pm – Kayaking & swimming
6.30 pm – Evening tea & snacks
7.00 pm – Campfire & fun games
9.00 pm – Dinner
Post dinner enjoy the night at leisure & Sleep
Day 2 -
6.00 am – Wakeup & freshen up.
7.00 am – Breakfast
7.30 am – Pickup pack lunch & board boat for Vasota.
9.30 am – Trek starts.
12.00 am – Reach top, explore fort and have lunch
1.30 pm – Start descend.
3.30 pm – Board boat for campsite
4.30 pm – Evening tea & snacks at campsite
5.00 pm – Departure for Pune
9.00 pm – Reach Pune
1. 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner, 2 evening tea & snacks
2. Accommodation in tents on sharing basis with individual bed
3. Matress n blankets etc
4. Private transport, boat charges
5. Forest permissions
6. Basic first aid, safety equipments
7. kayaking, expertise and lots of fun
1. Dinner on day 2
2. Anything that is not specifically mentioned in fees includes.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Vasota also known as Vyaghragad located in a reserved forest area and one of the most popular jungle treks. The blue-green expanse of Koyna Dam backwaters, the evergreen forests of Koyna wildlife sanctuary, Vasota fort hidden in thick jungle, the spectacular view from top of the fort along with the beauty and serenity of the place is planned for you guys this time. Our campsite is situated on the banks of the majestic Koyna backwaters on the perimeter of Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, ahead of Kaas Plateau, further from the village Bamnoli in Satara District. The Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary, the Koyna Backwaters and the Vasota Fort represent the aqua, terra and aero elements that offer the ultimate paradise for nature and adventure lovers. The variety of adventure and wildlife activities that exist around are limitless.