Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Western Routes|
|Event Location||Velas, Ratnagiri|
|Pickup Point||Pick-ups from pre-decided locations depending upon the participants|
|Pickup Time||12:30 AM|
|Things to Carry||Will be informed later|
12:30 am - Depart for Velas in a mini-bus (We will manage pick-ups from pre-decided locations depending upon the participants)
5:45 am - Arrive in Velas and head to the beach to see the hatching and release of the turtles.
8:00 am - Return back to the village, breakfast and time for leisure.
1:00 pm - Lunch
3:00 pm - Explore the areas around Velas. Visit the strategically built Himmatgad Fort which overlooks the sea and the Bankot creek.
6:00 pm - Velas Beach for the release of turtles.
8:30 pm - Dinner. Overnight stay in Velas
6:00 am - Turtle release on Velas Beach
8:30 am - Breakfast followed by some leisure time to explore the village
11:00 am - Head to Shrivardhan via the Bankot-Bagmandla Ferry boat.
2:00 pm - Lunch at Shrivardhan.
4:00 pm - Depart for Pune
- Travel: Pune-Velas-Pune Travel and all internal travel in a private bus (Non AC)
- Accommodation on multiple sharing. We will be living in one of the houses.
- We will make sure that everyone gets a mattress to sleep on.
- Please note that separate bedrooms for each individual/family are not available.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner on Day 1 & Breakfast & Lunch, Evening tea & Snacks on Day 2.
- All Taxes
- Any additional items not mentioned in the 'includes' list
- Any tips and personal expenses (mineral water, cold drinks etc.)
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Velas is a village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. It is also famous for its beaches and turtle festival which is held by the local people of Velas and Sahyadri Nisarg Mitra, Chiploon. Every year between February to March, nature enthusiasts can experience this rare event at the Annual Turtle Festival in Velas.