Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Explorers Trek & Tours|
|Event Date||Nov 13, 2016|
|Event End Date||Nov 13, 2016|
|Pickup Point||S.P college Tilak road, Pune|
|Pickup Time||05.00 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. A Good Quality of Rucksack with all inside luggage packed in a plastic bag.
2. Minimum 3 Ltr. Water.
3. Extra Dress in a plastic Bag.
4. Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
5. Napkin/ Towel.
6. Glucon – D OR Electrol – Optional
7. Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking.
8. Dress Code – T-shirt, Flexible Track pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
9. Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
10. Personal Medicines, if any.
|Itinerary||1. 05.00 am
Give attendance to the Team Explorers. Early comers have to wait till 05.30 am & Late comers have to report directly at Base Village at Own arrangements & cost. No arguments will be entertained in this case.
2. 5.30 am
After attendance Depart for Peb fort. Tea & breakfast on the way.
3. 08.30 am
Reach Base Village.
3. 08.45 am
After Briefing Start trek towards Peb fort. Toilets are not available throughout the Trek & at Base Village.
4. 11.30 am
Reach top of Peb fort. Explore the fort.
5. 01.00 pm
6. 02.0 pm
Start Descending to the fort.
7. 04.00 pm
Reach at Base village.
8. 05.00 pm
Start return journey towards Pune. Tea on the way.
9. 08.30 pm
Reach SP College, Tilak Road via same route.
1. Transportation by Non AC Private Vehicle.
2. Morning Tea, Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Evening Tea.
3. Adventure Experts & Leaders of Explorers.
4. First aid kit.
5. Safety & Tested Equipments.
6. Government Service Tax.
1. Cold drinks, Mineral water,Energy Drinks, etc.
2. Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
3. Personal expenses of any kind.
4. Any type of Insurance Coverage
5. Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
6. Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include”.
|Instructions & Guidelines||During the Camp all the participants should obey all the Instructions and Decisions taken by the authorised representative of Explorers or Camp Leader. During any type of event, in case of any dispute for whatsoever reasons, the decision of the Camp Leade|
The fort derives its name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’; Peb is also called ‘Vikatgad’ for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God, ‘Ganesh’. The trek to the top involves surmounting a small rock patch and a ladder. The fort is famous for its caves which are maintained by disciples of Swami Samartha and the meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain. To get inside the meditation chamber, one has to crawl through a narrow passage in the rock and then climb down into the meditation chamber. The chamber is very well maintained with tiles on the floor for ppl to sit and meditate. The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or ‘Padukas’ worn by the great saint kept on the top. The view of the entire Neral and Karjat region from the top is worth the climb. Another attraction of the trek is the only standing Bastion or Buruj facing the Panorama point of Matheran, the view from here is just too beautiful to describe.