Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Western Routes|
|Event Location||Tung Fort ,Pune|
|Pickup Point||Fergusson College main gate, Pune|
|Pickup Time||06:45 A.M|
|Things to Carry||1. Water (2 litres)
2. Good quality walking shoes. Please do not wear sandals or flip-flops and avoid floaters too
3. Sun gear
4. Mosquito repellent if you are prone to insect bites
5. Personal medicines (We will have a basic first-aid kit with medicines, but if you require any special medicines, please carry them)
6. Binoculars and cameras
7. A light snack
|Itinerary||6:45 am - Assemble at Fergusson College Main Gate. Ample parking space available for two and four wheelers.
7:00 am - Depart for Tung. Breakfast enroute
9:30 am - Arrive in the foothills of the fort and start the climb.
11:30 am - Explore the fort area and relax.
12:30 pm - Head for lunch in base village
2:30 pm - Depart for Pune
1. Travel in Non AC Bus
2. Packed Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Tea
3. Guide & Expertise Charges
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Tung Fort was built by the Adil Shahi dynasty but was captured by the Marathas. It is a small fort and its shape and structure suggest that its main function was as a watchtower as a lot of area in the Maval region of the Pawana and Mulshi valleys can be seen from the top of the fort. Its sharp, conical peak makes Tung Fort a prominent landmark, even from a distance.