Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Treks & Trails|
|Event Location||Sagargad Fort near Alibaug|
|Pickup Point||Pritam Hotel , Dadar (E)|
|Things to Carry||1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces.
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water - 3lts minimum compulsory, torch with extra set of batteries, safety pins.
5. Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt. Waterproof jacket / raincoat [It may rain]
6. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.)
|Itinerary||06:00 Move by private vehicle from Dadar
09:00 Khandale (near Alibaug), breakfast and tea on the way.
09:30 Trek start
11:00 Sagargad Machi / Siddheshwar Temple
11:30 Trek towards Sagargad Fort
12:30 Sumit - Two hours time for Exploration, Rest & Lunch
15:45 Waterfall Fun is time permits - Dhondane waterfall
17:00 Reach base
17:30 Departure to Mumbai
1 Breakfast, Transport from Dadar to Khandale to Dadar, TreksandTrails Charges.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
This fort is said to exist since the Satvahan dynasty. In the books it is mentioned in the Treaty of Purander (1655 AD) where Shivaji gave 33 forts to the Moghuls. It is also said that Sagargard Fort was later given to Angre, the naval chief of the Marathas in return for loyalty against Shahu Chhattrapati of Satara. In the mid-19th century the British took the fort and built retreat homes on it. Also located on this fort a Temple of Siddheshwar, a river flowing by, and most of all a cliff just behind the temple where the river becomes a waterfall; water cistrens (Pandavkund), Vanartok Pinnacle. This hill fort commands a steering view of the entire Alibaug region and is still not a seafort.