Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Explorers Trek & Tours|
|Event Location||Rasalgad – Sumargad – Mahipatgad|
|Pickup Point||SP College, Tilak Road, Pune|
|Pickup Time||11.15 pm|
|Things to Carry||1. A Good Quality of Rucksack suitable for One day Trek with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
2. Minimum 3 Ltr. Water Bottles.(Compulsory)
3. Extra Dress (2 Pairs), Morning Utilities, Towel, Napkin, Torch.
4. Don’t Forget to Bring Plate, Bowl, and Spoon. (No Disposables)
5. Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
6. Glucon – D OR Electrol – Optional
7. Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking (Floaters / Sandals Not Allowed.)
8. Chappal OR Floaters (For Return Journey in Bus)
9. Dress Code – T-shirt, Flexible Track pant.(HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
10. Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
11. Personal Medicines, if any.
|Itinerary||Day 1 :
11.15 pm : Report at SP College, Tilak Road. Give attendance to the Team Explorers. Early comers have to wait till 11.30 pm & Late comers have to report directly at Base village at Own arrangements & own Cost. In this Situation No refund or No arguments will be entertained.
11.30 pm :Start journey towards Rasalgad.
Day 2 :
04.30 am : Reach at base village. Get Fresh in a village. Toilets are not available in Village & Trek Route.
05.00 am : After briefing, immediately start trek towards Rasalgad, Keep your Unnecessary Luggage in a Vehicle. Have a Tea. Breakfast will be distributed.
6.30 am : Reach at top of Rasalgad. Explore the fort.
08.00 am : Packed Breakfast.
09.00 am : Start descending to the fort.
10.30 am : Reach at base village, get fresh & Move towards Sumargad.
12.00 pm : Reach at Base village of Sumargad. Lunch Time.
1.15 pm : Start Trek towards Sumargad.
03.00 pm : Reach the top of Sumargad. Explore the fort.
04.00 pm : Start descending the fort.
05.30 pm : Reach at base village. Tea & Snacks.
07.00 pm : Campfire. Tent Allotment. Sleeping Bags & Carry mats will be provided by Explorers.
08.30 pm : Dinner & Good Night.
Day 3 :
Wake up call by Explorers.
07.00 am : Get ready for the next trek to Mahipatgad.
07.30 am : Tea & Breakfast.
08.00 am : Move towards Mahipatgad.
09.00 am : Reach at Base village.
09.15 am : After briefing, will immediately start the trek towards Mahipatgad.
12.30 pm : Will reach at top of the fort. Explore the fort.
01.15 pm : Lunch time. After Lunch start Descending the Fort.
04.00 pm : Reach at base village. Start return journey towards Pune. Dinner on the way.
11.00 pm : Reach Pune at SP College Tilak Road.
1. Transport by Private Non AC High back Vehicle. (Pune – Bamnoli – Pune).
2. Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner for Two Days..
3. Tent on Triple Sharing Basis with, Sleeping Bag & Carry mats, Torch.
4. Adventure Experts & Leaders of Explorers.
5. First aid kit.
6. Government Service Tax.
1. Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
2. Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
3. Personal expenses of any kind.
4. Any kind of Insurance Coverage.
5. Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
6. Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include”.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
The Sahyadri range extends in North – South direction along the Konkan coast. There are many mountain ranges that branch-off over several miles from the main Sahyadri mountain range. Beyond Poladpur, as we head towards Chiplun via Khed, we come across the forts of Rasalgad, Sumargad, and Mahipatgad. These forts lie in Jawali forest region Sumargad lies in between two forts, Rasalgad and Mahipatgad. This fort is covered by dense forest and also has a difficult route to climb. This may be the possible reason that the fort has lost its familiarity among the trekkers. Rasalgad, Sumargad and Mahipatgad mountain range is 12 miles to the east of Khed taluka and Mahipatgad which lies on the northern end of the hill range is the tallest among the three and spread on 200 acres of land.