Brief Event Description
|Event Location||Prachitgad, Shrungarpur, Ratnagiri|
|Pickup Point||Fergusson College main gate, Pune|
|Pickup Time||07:00 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag. 2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks 3. Water bottle (atleast 2.5 ltr) compulsory 4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication 5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season) 6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted) 7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks) 8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries 9. Camera, Binocular (Optional) 10. Plate, spoon, mug (Compulsory) 11. Odomos Cream (Compulsory)|
1. Departure from Pune at 7.30 am
2. Breakfast on the way.
3. Reach at Shrungarpur .
4. Have dinner. night halt at shrungarpur
Day 2 :
1. Wake up early morning,have Tea and breakfast.
2. Start climb to Fort, have pack lunch on the way.
3. Reach on the top.
4. Some site seeing.
5. Start descending the fort.
6. Reach base village by afternoon.
7. Start return journey to Pune.
8. Reach Pune by 10.30 pm.
1. Pune to Pune transportation by private bus including toll and parking charges
2. Tea/Breakfast, Packed Lunch, evening tea (day 1 & 2)
3. Dinner day 1
4. Forest Fees and Printed information brochure
5. Expertise, safety equipments
6. First aid kit
1. Mineral water or soft drinks
2. Dinner on night 1 & day 2
3. Anything not mentioned in the included list
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
|Difficulty Level||Yes Its Difficult !|
Prachitgad trek is one of the most interesting treks in Sahyadris. Located on the mid western border of Chandoli WLS, this trek is an enigma for the trekkers. The original approach for this fort was from a village named Patharpunj which is located 17Km from koyna Nagar. This forest is now part of Sahyadri tiger Reserve and hence this traditional approach is prohibited by Forest Department. now the only road available for a common trekker is from Konkan side where there is huge ascent of 4Hrs through thick forest, Karvy Thickets and scree with high gradient. TREKDI with its expertise in offbeat destinations has organized this offbeat adventure trek for the trekkers. The Experience you will get in this trek will be uncomparable with any other trek.