Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Treks and Trails|
|Event Location||Kothaligad, Karjat region|
|Pickup Point||CST, Mumbai|
|Pickup Time||06:16 A.M|
|Things to Carry||1. Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat foods, like plum cakes, chocolate bars, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
5. Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek.
6. Personal medicines. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
7. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes, Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
8. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
|Itinerary||Pick-up Points :
Local Train Timing: Karjat Fast local
1. CST 06:16
2. Dadar 06:30
3. Thane 06:56
4. Dombivali 07:08
5. Kalyan 07:16
6. Neral 07:54
08:00 Move 2 Ambivali village by rick
09:00 Ambivali Breakfast & Tea Break.
11:00 Peth Village
12:00 Atop, Fort Exploration
13:30 Start descend
14:30 Peth Village
16:00 Descend continue
17:30 Karjat railway station by rickshaw / local ST bus
19:00 Departure fro Mumbai.
Transportation from Neral to Ambivali village and back
Light morning breakfast, 1 Veg lunch, evening tea
Expertise charges if any.
Emergency Medical evacuations if any
Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
|Instructions & Guidelines||Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.|
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.