Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Sahyavede Trekkers|
|Event Location||Karnala Fort, Raigad|
|Pickup Point||S. P. College, Tilak Road, Pune|
|Pickup Time||07 : 00 A.M|
|Things to Carry||1. Identity Proof (Compulsary)
2. A Rucksack to carry your luggage (NO Sling Bags, Side bags, Suitcases, trolly bags, Shabnam Bags etc.) all luggage packed in plastic bag.
3. At least 2 ltrs of Water (compulsory)
4. Preferably full sleeves clothes.
5. A rainwear. (If you do not want to get Drenched)
6. Trekking shoes with good grip (Avoid wearing sandals, chappals, floaters)
7. One extra pair of clothes & socks.
8. Any personal medicine (As per your doctor’s Suggestion)
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional) Overnight
10. Sleeping bag / Bedding Material
|Itinerary||Departure: 07:00 a.m. from S. P. College.
Further Pickups – Good Luck Chowk, Bremen Chowk, Nashik Phata, Masulkar Colony, Bhakti-Shakti Chowk
Breakfast on the way.
Reach the Base by 9:30 a.m.
Start the Trek by 10:00.
Reach the Top by 11:30.
Rest & Enjoy the Surrounding views for some time.
Descend down to the base by 13:00.
Start the Return Journey after the Lunch. (around 14:30)
Reach Pune by 19:00
Pune to Pune Travel by Private Vehicle, Morning & Evening Breakfast, Lunch for the Day, Experts to Trek with, First Aid Kit
All that is not in includes.
|Instructions & Guidelines||We, Sahyavede, believe in being a part of the Nature to enjoy it and to preserve it the way it is for the Generations to follow. On the Way Back home, We only leave the Footprints and Carry a lot of Memories and Madness for Sahyadri.|
Karnala fort (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. It was a fort of strategic importance as it overlooked the Bor pass which connected the Konkan coast to the interior of Maharashtra (Vidharba) and was the main trade route between these areas.