Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Sahyavede Trekkers|
|Event Location||Chavand, Junnar, Pune|
|Pickup Point||Organizers Office, Sadashiv Peth, Pune|
|Pickup Time||6.30 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. Identity Proof (Compulsary)
2. A Rucksack to carry your luggage (NO Sling Bags, Side bags, Suitcases, trolly bags, Shabnam Bags etc.) all luggage packed in plastic bag.
3. At least 2 ltrs of Water (compulsory)
4. Preferably full sleeves clothes.
5. A rainwear. (If you do not want to get Drenched)
6. Trekking shoes with good grip (Avoid wearing sandals, chappals, floaters)
7. One extra pair of clothes & socks.
8. Any personal medicine (As per your doctor’s Suggestion)
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional) Overnight
10. Sleeping bag / Bedding Material
|Itinerary||Starting point: :
Sadashiv Peth, Pune 30
Departure : 0630 hrs
Arrival : 2200 hrs
Pune to Pune Transport by Private Transport
All Veg Meals
Perks for the Trek
First Aid Kit
|Instructions & Guidelines||We, believe in being a part of the Nature to enjoy it and to preserve it the way it is for the Generations to follow. On the Way Back home, We only leave the Footprints and Carry a lot of Memories and Madness for Sahyadri.|
Chavand is a hill fortress situated 30 km from the modern-day town of Naryangoan in Junnar Taluka of Pune district in Maharashtra, India. The fort, which rises 1,036 meters (3,399 feet) above sea level, is located in the Sahyadri mountain range. The fort was looted and destroyed by the British upon siege. This is one of the forts known as the 'Famous 5'. Chavaand, Hadsar, Shivneri, Jivdhan and Naneghat form the Famous 5 trek. The fort has remnants of construction that are more than 800 years old. Village of Chavandwadi lies at the base of the fort. Under the rule of Shivaji Maharaj this was known as Prasannagad. Kukdeshwar Temple is located in Pune District of Maharashtra, India. It is about 15 km west of Junnar and lies on the banks of Kukdi River. It is a Shiv temple noted for its beautiful sculptures and carvings. The roof of this temple is in a dilapidated state. Chavand fort, also known as Prasannagad, is approximately 3 km from Kukdeshwar temple. Nearest Town is Narayangaon.