Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Backpack Outdoors|
|Event Location||Torna Fort, Pune|
|Pickup Point||Outside McDonalds, JM Road, Deccan, Pune|
|Pickup Time||8:30 PM|
|Things to Carry||1. A Backpack / trekking sack. (please avoid zola or sling bag as it becomes difficult to trek with them)
2. Personnel bedding. (carry mat/ sleeping bags/ alternate)
3. Torch with extra batteries. (Mandatory)
4. Minimum 3 litres of water.
5. Personal medication (if required). Basic first aid will be available.
6. Cap & rain cover. (Just in case)
7. Extra pair of cloths and toiletries.
8. Camera. (Optional)
9. Food(Dinner on Day 1) and emergency food like biscuits, plum cakes, chocolates etc.
10. Shoes are must - Good quality trekking /sports.
11. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags to avoid getting wet.
|Itinerary||08.30 pm – Assemble outside McDonalds, JM Road, Deccan. Pay n Park available there.
09.00 pm – Departure by Private Transport to Velhe. (base village)
11.00 pm – Reach Base village and start Trek.
01.30 am – Reach the top and relax. Have some food (to be brought by participants). Camp fun, masti and some rest.
05.30 am – Wake up and freshen up.
06.00 am – Explore fort and view beautiful sunrise.
07.00 am – Start descending.
09.00 am – Reach base and have Breakfast.
10.00 am – Start return journey
12.00 pm – Reach Pune.(+/-30 minutes)
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Torna also known as Prachandgad is the highest hill-fort in Pune district having elevation of 1,403 m above sea level. it is the first fort captured by Shivaji Maharaj in 1643.The Torna Fort is a popular destination for trekkers