Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Backpack Outdoors|
|Pickup Time||5:00 AM|
|Things to Carry||For all racers it is mandatory to have 2 support vehicles with a minimum of 4 crew members. At least 2 crew members in each vehicle must be able to drive. It is strongly recommended that all participants do a 2 day practice/training ride with their crew if they have not attempted an Ultra Race previously.|
|Itinerary||Route Maps :
Part 1 Pune - Mangalore - http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/923090661
Part 2 - Mangalore - Kanyakumari - http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/923210019
Categories and Timings
SOLO - Racing Age is the age each Racer will turn during the calendar year of the race (year of race minus birth year).
Race - Age Time - Men Time - Women
Race – 18-49 yrs 83 Hrs 88 Hrs
Race – over 50 88 Hrs 92 Hrs
Inspire India Cut off 96 Hrs 96 Hrs
PLEASE NOTE -
1. The Race will be conducted only if a minimum 5 registrations (solo or team) in any or all Categories is confirmed. In case the event is cancelled for any reason, registration fees will be refunded in full.
2. Participants will be required to provide the following documents and information in hardcopy at time of registration, pre-ride briefing, prior to Race.
3. All participants – Copy of ID proof, Age proof
4. Copy of Vehicle Registration paper
5. Copy of Drivers’ licences of all drivers
6. Participants will be required to sign declaration forms, Waiver.
7. Bicycles and Support vehicles will be inspected by appointment, and only allowed to participate if they meet the requirements.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
|Difficulty Level||Yes Its Difficult !|
The Great Coast Ultra Race – As the name suggests, the race plans to trace the Peninsula of south India, heading for the coastline with the Indian Ocean from Pune it will trace the coast of Karnataka. Heading inland and southwards after Mangalore the route heads up to Ooty before continuing south to Kanyakumari. In this inaugural edition only this 'The West Coast Race' 1042 Miles or 1677 Km, is being offered. In future editions we will offer the entire course in which the route will turn the corner at the southernmost tip of India and then heading north along the East coast to finish at Vizag!