Brief Event Description
|Pickup Point||Fergusson College main gate, Pune|
|Pickup Time||10.45 P.M|
|Things to Carry||1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
|Itinerary||Night 1 :
> Departure by 11 pm and Reach Palkhurd
> Start climbing the fort
> Reach to the temple on the fort, Over night stay @ temple
Day 1 :
> Get up at 6.30 am, get fresh up and have breakfast
> Site seeing on the fort
> Start descending by 11 am and back to base by 1.30 pm
> Have Lunch
> Start return journey by 2.30pm, tea on the way
> Back to Pune
>All traveling by private transport
> Tea/Breakfast, Pack Lunch, evening tea
> Printed information brochure
> Safety Equipments
> First aid kit
> Dinner for the day.
> Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits etc.
> Anything not included in the whats included list.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Rajgad (literally meaning Royal Fort) is one of the forts in the Pune district of Maharashtra state in India. The fort is 1376 meters above sea level. Formerly known as Murumdev, it was capital of the Maratha Empire during the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved the capital to Raigad Fort. Treasure found at an adjacent fort was used to fortify this hill. The diameter of the fort at the base is 40 km making it difficult for anybody to lay siege to it, adding to its strategic value.