Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Pugmarks Eco Tours Pvt.ltd.|
|Event Location||Pobitora National Park, Assam|
|Pickup Point||Main Porch of Pune Railway Station,Pune|
|Pickup Time||02:00 PM|
|Things to Carry||1. One haversack and one small shoulder bag (no Trolley Bag Or Suitacse)
2. Comfortable clothes for the no. of days (track Pants, t-shirts, tops etc) (Avoid Jeans)
3. Climate would be very cold at Carry enough woolen clothes like jacket, monkey camp, hand gloves etc
4. Suitable nightwear, shorts, 3/4 s, one shawl/ chaddar, sweatshirt.
5. Undergarments, towel, napkin/ handkerchief, ladies sanitary sets
6. Sport shoes ,socks, floaters, Sun cap/ hat, water bottle
7. Personal kit containing toilet accessories, sun screen, cold cream, odomos, sanitizer , (High SPF sunscreen recommended for trekking camps)
8. Torch with fresh batteries
9. Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, (optional at your own risk)
10. Personal medicine, if any, with a note explaining doses, time, quantity etc. with the name of the child, No need to send any extra medicine
11. Pen, a small diary, a story book
12. Around 1500/- for meals during travel and for shopping
13. Please don’t send Mobile phone, music player etc. with the child.
14. Rockstar snowtrek - plate,spoon ,bowl,glass and hand-napkin to clean wet utensils
15. Ponchos for Hemkund, rockstar
16. chain and lock for all train camps
17. original photo ID or to pay penalty of Rs 2500 as railway fine
18. carry Rs. 500 more for Auli Cable Car (Optional and Subject to availability)
19. Trekking - Mules/khachhar charges for luggage Approx Rs. 800 per bag for entire trek.
|Itinerary||Day 1 :
Pune reporting at the Main Porch of Pune Railway Station at 1400 hrs. Depart by (12221) Howrah Duronto at 1515 hrs.
Arrive Kolkata at 1940 hrs. Overnight stay at Kolkata.
Take morning flight for Guwahati. Reach Guwahati by 1200 hrs. Reach Maibong Resort at Pobitora after 2 and half hours drive from Guwahati. Enjoy jeep safari in the afternoon. Go for night trail.
Elephant safari in the morning. Guwahati sight seeing and shopping in the evening. Go for boating in Brahmaputra river while you may sight Gangetic Dolphins making gymnastics next to your boat.
Get transferred to Guwahati. Take a morning flight from Guwahati to Kolkata. Reach Kolkata by 1200 hrs.Kolkata sight seeing. Board (12130) Azad Hind Exp. for Pune at 2150 hrs. from Kolkata.
Reach Pune Railway station at 0650 hrs.
1. AC3 class train travel Pune – Kolkata - Pune
2. Kolkata – Guwahati – Kolkata by flight
3. 2 Safaris ( 1 Elephant & 1 Jeep safari )
4. Guwahati sight seeing
5. All veg meals at the resort
6. Park fees, guide charges, boating, fees of resource person etc.
1. Medical, hospitalization and related expenses
2. Any item not covered under the head ‘cost includes’.
3. Meals during travel to and fro Kolkata
4. Personal expenses such as telephones, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, porter charges, camera fees.
5. Insurance of any kind
|Instructions & Guidelines||Campers must carry original photo ID card. (School photo id, Adhar Card, Passport, Voter Id, Pan Card, Driving Licence)|
Pobitora is a wildlife reserve in the Morigaon district of the state of Assam in India. It is located about 30 km east of Guwahati. The Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is about 48 km by road from Guwahati. It is a 1-hour drive through a road passing by River Brahmaputa, and a small portion of the village of Mayong. It has a dense population of the Great Indian one-horned rhinoceros. It covers 38.8 km2. Though the total notified area of the park is 38.80 square kilometres, only 16 square kilometres is the effective rhino habitat. Pobitora was declared a reserved forest in 1971 and a wildlife sanctuary in 1987. It covers flat flood plains and a hillock