Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Treks and Trails|
|Event Location||Kalawantin durg|
|Pickup Point||Panvel ST depot|
|Pickup Time||3:30 PM|
|Things to Carry||1. Please buy your return ticket and missing the train would mean missing the trek
2. Water bottle 3 Litres, Torch with Extra batteries, Cap, Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
3. Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments
4. Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
5. Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes, Polythene bag for your garbage, 2-3 bunch of papers (Optional), Good trekking shoes
6. Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
7. Please do not carry sling bags or jholas. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has hands free while trekking.
15:30 Meet at Panvel ST depot
15:45 Start travel to Thakurwadi – base village
16:45 Reach base village – introduction and orientations
17:00 Start Trek
19:00 Reach base village
19:30 Camping, night photography, start watching
21:00 Dinner and later retire for the day.
06:00 Breakfast and Tea
06:45 Start trek to Kalavanti summit
09:00 Summit Kalavanti
13:30 Start descend
17:00 Disperse at Panvel station
|Instructions & Guidelines||Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.|
Kalawantin durg was used as a watchtower and is located right next to Prabhalgad fort on the old Mumbai-Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock cut steps that zig-zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.