Brief Event Description
|Event Location||Torna Fort, Welhe, Pune|
|Pickup Point||Fergusson college main gate , Pune|
|Pickup Time||10:30 PM|
|Things to Carry||1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
Departure by 11 pm and Reach welhe
Start climbing the fort
Reach to the temple on the fort, Over night stay at temple
Get up at 6.30 am, get fresh up and have breakfast
site seeing on the fort
Start descending by 9 am and back to base by 11.30 am
start return journey by 1.30pm, tea on the way
Back to Pune
Tea/Breakfast, Pack Lunch, evening tea
Printed information brochure
First aid kit
Dinner for the day.
Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits etc.
Anything not included in the whats included list.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Torna is one of the most favoured trek around Pune. Being the tallest mountain of Pune district, this trek becomes challenging one. Those who want to shift towards slightly tough treks, Torna fort trek is ideal.From historical point of view this fort is important because it was the first fort won by Shivaji Maharaj. Also it is said that during repairs of the fort Shivaji Maharaj found pots full of gold coins. This money helped in the construction of Rajgad fort.