Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Backpack Outdoors|
|Event Location||Upande - Madheghat, Kelad|
|Pickup Point||Deccan McDonalds, JM road, Pune.|
|Pickup Time||5.45 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. A Backpack / trekking sack. (please avoid zola or sling bag as it becomes difficult to trek or rappel with them)
2. Minimum 3 litres of water.
3. Pack Lunch
4. Torch with extra batteries. (Just in case)
5. Personal medication (if required). Basic first aid will be available.
6. Cap & rain cover
7. Extra pair of clothes to change.(Just in case)
8. Camera (Optional)
9. Some emergency food like biscuits, plum cakes, chocolates etc.
10. Shoes are must - Good quality trekking /sports.
11. Chappals/Sandals for use after trek (Optional)
12. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags to avoid getting wet.
|Itinerary||05.45am – Assemble at Deccan McDonalds, JM road, Pune.
06.00 am – Departure from Pune, breakfast on the way.
08.30am – Reach at Kelad village. Introduction, briefing and general instructions.
09.00 am – Trek starts.
01.00 pm – Reach base village after playing at waterfall and have lunch (brought by participants).
01.30 pm – Continue with trek and climb through Upandhaghat to reach Kelad again.
05.00 pm - Reach at Kelad and start with our return journey
09.30 pm - Reach Pune (+/- 30 mins)
Transport by private vehicle ( Pune to Pune )
Morning breakfast, evening tea and refreshments
Basic first aid if needed
Anything that is not specifically mentioned in fees includes.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Madheghat to Upandheghat trek-One of the must do Monsoon trek for Sahyadri lovers. When Narveer Tanaji Malusare sacrificed his life in the battle of Sinhagad his body was taken to his native village via this route and that’s why this route is known as Madheghat (Madhe means dead body).The route includes waterfall, trek through the jungle and the beautiful scenic view of monsoon!