Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Pugmarks Eco Tours Pvt.ltd.|
|Event Location||Kuari Pass, Uttarakhand|
|Pickup Point||Pune Campers: Congress Bhavan near Pune Municipal Corporation
Mumbai Campers: LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus)
|Pickup Time||For Pune Members at 4:00 AM
For Mumbai Members at 7.00 AM
|Things to Carry||1. One haversack and one small shoulder bag (No trolley bag or suitacse)
2. Comfortable clothes for the no. of days (track Pants, t-shirts, tops etc) (Avoid Jeans)
3. Climate would be very cold at Carry enough woolen clothes like jacket, monkey camp, hand gloves etc
4. Suitable nightwear, shorts, 3/4 s, one shawl/ chaddar, sweatshirt.
5. Undergarments, towel, napkin/ handkerchief, ladies sanitary sets
6. Sport shoes ,socks, floaters, Sun cap/ hat, water bottle
7. Personal kit containing toilet accessories, sun screen, cold cream, odomos, sanitizer , (High SPF sunscreen recommended for trekking camps)
8. Torch with fresh batteries
9. Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, (optional at your own risk)
10. Personal medicine, if any, with a note explaining doses, time, quantity etc. with the name of the child, no need to send any extra medicine
11. Pen, a small diary, a story book
12. Around 1500/- for meals during travel and for shopping
13. Please don’t send Mobile phone, music player etc. with the child.
14. Rockstar snowtrek - plate,spoon ,bowl,glass and hand-napkin to clean wet utensils
16. Chain and lock for all train camps
17. Original photo ID or to pay penalty of Rs 2500 as railway fine
18. Carry Rs. 500 more for Auli Cable Car (Optional and Subject to availability)
19. Trekking - Mules/khachhar charges for luggage Approx Rs. 800 per bag for entire trek.
|Itinerary||Day 1 :
Pune Campers :- Report at Congress Bhavan at 0400 hrs in the morning. Depart by bus for LTT.
Mumbai Campers : To report at 0700 hrs at LTT. Depart by (12171) LTT HW AC SUP at 0755 hrs.
Day 2 :
Arrive Haridwar at 1310 hrs. Transfer to Rishikesh. Overnight at Rishikesh.
Day 3 :
Drive to Joshimath (Auli) 270 km. Dinner & over night at Auli.
Day 4 :
5 km trek to Gorson top. Tent pitching and other activities. Overnight in camp
Day 5 :
8 km trek to Chitrakantha. Group activities and over night in camp.
Day 6 :
5 km trek to Khulara. Cricket match at an altitude of 11000 ft. overnight in camp
Day 7 :
Trek to Kuari Pass and trek back to Khulara for night halt. (Total trek 10 km)
Day 8 :
12 km down trek to Tapovan. Transfer to Joshimath for night stay in Hotel
Day 9 :
Travel to Haridwar 270 km and drop at Haridwar Railway Station. Board (12172) HW LTT AC SF at 1850 hrs.
Day 10 :
Arrive LTT at 2345 hrs. Depart for Pune by bus.
Day 11 :
Arrive Congress Bhavan at 0430 hrs.
1. Mumbai – Haridwar - Mumbai 3AC train fare
2. Other transfers by Non A/c bus or SUV’s
3. Veg food served at the campsite
4. Accommodation in tents / dormitory / hotels
5. Adventure equipment and service of professional instructors
1. Meals during travel Pune-Haridwar - Pune
2. Personal expenses such as telephones,drinks, mineral water,laundry,porter charges etc
3. Insurance of any kind
4. Porter / pony charges.
5. Medical, hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses
6. Any item not covered under the head ‘cost includes’.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Kuari Pass trek is the most famous trek which start from Auli. Kuari which means “doorway” is a Himalayan high mountain pass situated in the Garhwal region of northern India, south of the Tibetan border and on the western rim of the “Nanda Devi Sanctuary” Biosphere Reserve and falls in the Chamoli district. The Kuari Pass Trek found fame in the early 1900s when intrepid adventurers and mountaineers such as Lord Curzon, Eric Shipton and Bill Tilman used the passage in their pioneering explorations of the region.The Kuari Pass trek is known as The Curzon Trail (named after the former British Viceroy Of India “Lord Curzon”). Winter Kuari Pass trek is also can be undertaken to enjoy the snow trekking.
We Also Recommend
Rafting on GangaRs. 22,500.00 As low as: Rs. 16,500.00Event Date: 06-11-2016Location: Rishikesh,Uttaranchal
Pobitora National ParkRs. 34,000.00 As low as: Rs. 26,000.00Location: Pobitora National Park, Assam
Bandhavgarh National ParkRs. 18,300.00 As low as: Rs. 15,800.00Location: Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh