Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Big Red Tent|
|Pickup Time||03 : 00 P.M|
|Things to Carry||Basic Stuff :
1. Light comfortable clothing (Always pack an extra pair or two when in the outdoors!)
2. Cap / Hat
3. Mosquito Repellent (the new Odomos spray works wonders!) even though there’s not that many mosquitoes
4. Towel + Napkin (One towel per person and clothe napkins to dry off, a few extras will not harm)
6. Floaters / Flip-flops/ Crocs (Are super easy to get in & out of tents since footwear inside tents is a strict no no)
7. Shoes & Socks (if you plan on going jogging, walking, trekking)
8. Flash Light (One per person) + extra batteries
9. Empty water bottle (to fill drinking water from our water filters)
10. Personal medication
11. Pillow (If your too attached to your pillow!) – In fact if you’re driving in you could carry one anyway
1. That book that you bought a while ago and never got the chance to read
3. Personal music players with earphones (Loud music is a no no)
4. Board games, Poker sets etc
5. Sketching / Drawing material
6. Outdoor games equipment (badminton, cricket, football etc)
7. Binoculars (for Bird watching) / Telescope (Star gazing)
8. Your Guitar / Bongo / Flute etc to play around the campfire
9. Any other outdoor gear that you bought on a whim!
1. Cooler / Icebox with ice
2. Plastic Plates & Cutlery (We discourage our campers from using disposable stuff)
3. Large garbage bags. (Its always good to clean after yourself!)
4. Marinated foodstuff for BBQ (if you’re too lazy, we can arrange that for you, but where’s the fun in that?)
5. Marshmallows for roasting on the campfire
6. A picnic basket with your favorite foods/drinks/munchies.
|Itinerary||Day 1 :
1. Check In – 4:00pm
2. Dinner – BBQ dinner will be served by 8:00pm and will be wrapped up by 11:00pm
3. Silent Hours – 11:00pm – 7:00am are silent hours at the campground. You are not alone at the campground.
4. A cohesive camping experience requires your consideration
Day 2 :
1. Breakfast At 9:00am it will be served till 11:00am
2. Lunch: 1:00pm
3. Check Out – 11:00am or after lunch 3:00pm
One can opt for short walks around the property or you can hike up the Karnala Fort. The hosts will also be happy to take you for a night trail after dinner which is a good refresher for us city slickers! During monsoons this property boasts a private waterfall. The place is surrounded by different trees mainly palm trees and has got a maneuvered lawn where kids can run around freely.
Karnala bird sanctuary is a major attraction especially for the kids at the Karnala Campground. There’s a lovely hike within the bird sanctuary. From the same entry point one can also opt for Karnala Fort trek which takes roughly 3 hrs (for experienced) or 4 hrs (for amateurs).
From Mumbai :
Approach the Mumbai-Pune Expressway via dadar. Our directions start from McDonalds at Panvel where the Mumbai-Pune Expressway starts from Mumbai
Zero your trip meter at McDonalds. Then DO NOT take the expressway, but go below the expressway. You need to take the Panvel/Goa highway from here.
At the roundabout take the rightmost turn towards the panjim/goa highway
You will reach a T junction make a left turn towards the panjim/goa highway
7.4 km - Panvel roundabout - take the left exit towards Panjim/Goa/Karnala
14.6 km - Pass Vithal kamat restaurant on the left
16.6km - Pass Karnala bird sanctuary on your left
18.5km - Pass Panoramic resort on your Right. Now drive slowly
18.8km - After crossing rumblers, make a narrow right turn towards kalhe village.
19.1km - Make a left turn with a black gate to your left
19.5km - The road turns towards the right follow the road and cross a bridge at 19.6km
19.7km - Turn right into Kalhe village, go through a narrow road and in 300m reach Big Red Tent on your left at 20.0km . You could ask for Zaki farm if you need directions.
- Take the Pune-Mumbai Expressway and cross the lonavala Toll - Take the Panvel Exit and go towards the goa highway
- Follow the Mumbai directions from the Panvel Roundabout - (3)
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Located just 1.5 hours from Mumbai, Karnala is a lush greener and manicured location flanked by palm trees. The waterfall right within the campground and the Karnala Bird Sanctuary and fort just 5 mins drive , Karnala is the ideal camping location for the monsoons!