Brief Event Description
|Event Date||Dec 17, 2016|
|Event End Date||Dec 18, 2016|
|Event Location||Kalavantinicha Buruj, Raigad, Karjat|
|Pickup Point||Fergusson College main gate, Pune|
|Pickup Time||10:00 pm|
|Things to Carry||1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks.
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory, Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication.
4. Plate, Mug, Spoon, bowl etc.
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season).
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted).
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks).
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries.
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional).
1. Departure at 10.30 pm from Fergusson collage main gate
2. Reach Shedung at 1.30am and start trekking towards Thakurwadi
3. Reach Thakurwadi around 3.30am and then halt
1. Early wakeup call at 6am
2. Have breakfast and start trekking by 7am towards Kalavantin COL
3. Start climbing the pinnacle around 8.30am.
4. Summiting the pinnacle and back to base by 12.30pm
5. Start downward trekking at 2.30pm and Back to bus at 4.30pm
6. Back to Pune by 8pm
1. Transport by Private Vehicle from pune to pune
2. Breakfast , Packed lunch, Evening Tea
3. European Standard climbing/Safety Equipment.
4. Experts to guide participants over the final rock patch.
5. First Aid kit.
1. Mineral water,cold drinks, etc.
2. Dinner on day 2
3. Anything not mentioned in the whats included list
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
|Difficulty Level||Yes Its Difficult !|
Kalavantin Durg is a pinnacle located adjacent to Prabalgad Fort. Detached from the main mountain this pinnacle is very close to the fortification of Prabalgad fort. to secure this side the pinnacle was fortified. Since the Prabalgad is very huge fort with an "L" shaped spread its not possible to see in all direction from any point on the fort and hence later this pinnacle also served as a watch tower.