Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Mumbai Travellers|
|Event Location||Kalavantin Durg, Thakurwadi|
|Pickup Point||Panvel Railway Station|
|Pickup Time||7:30 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
15. Id Proof Compulsory
|Itinerary||Meet at Panvel railway station by 07:30 am and move towards Thakurwadi- Base Village by private/public transportation. Reach base camp by 08:30 am and start the trek to ‘Kalavantin Pinnacle’. Reach at the top, explore the fort. Have some dry snacks and back to Prabalmachi. Have Lunch. Post Lunch, start descending from Prabalmachi to base village. Proceed Back to Panvel Station.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories
1. Transportation from Panvel to Panvel by public transportation.
2. Breakfast and Lunch and refreshment
3. Expertise and Guide Charges
1. Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Kalavantin Durg, is situated just opposite to the Prabalgad Fort between Matheran and Panvel, Maharashtra from the sea level of approx 2300 ft. Kalavantin Pinnacle trek is divided into two patches, first is uphill terrain till Prabalmachi where the trek route is divided for Kalavantin durg and Prabalgad. The second patch for Kalavantin hike is vertiginous, as the rock cut steps are very steep and is the only way to climb the Kalavantin Pinnacle. There are no railings or support while ascending 0r descending the durg and thus makes it the hardest part of trek.