Brief Event Description
|Event Location||Kalakrai Pinnacle|
|Pickup Point||Shivajinagar Railway Station, Pune|
|Pickup Time||09.45 pm|
|Things to Carry||• A Good Quality of Rucksack suitable for One day Trek with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
• Minimum 3 Ltr. Water (Glucon - D OR Electoral, if required).
• Rainproof / Warm wear / Cap as per the Season.
• Torch with Cell (Compulsory).
• Bedding (Compulsory) (Please keep this in a Local Home, Don’t carry at the time of Trekking).
• Extra Dress, Napkin / Towel.
• Glucon - D OR Electrol - Optional
• Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking.
• Dress Code - T-shirt, Flexible Track pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
• Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
• Personal Medicines, if any.
• Transportation by Local (Pune – Kamshet – Pune).
• Transportation by Sumo (Kamshet – Jambhivali - Kamshet).
• Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch.
• Trekking, Climbing, Rappelling with all safety Gears.
• Certified & Experienced Guidance of Team Explorers.
• First aid kit.
• Government Service Tax.
• Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
• Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Meals, etc.
• Personal expenses of any kind
• Insurance Coverage
• Medical expenses other than “First aid”
• Any other charges not mentioned in "Fees Include"
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
This is one of the satisfied climb in Sahyadri. The grade of the Kalakrai pinnacle from the col side is considered as Moderate. There are total 4 stages of climbing. The first one is easy climb one can find good condition bolts on the way. One can use the same for runner. The second stage is also a bit climb & traversing to the right most overhang. One can find 2 Pitons fixed for runner but one should check the condition before tackling the third stage which has a tricky overhang. The overhang move is major hurdle I suppose in the entire climb. One has to use lower cut hold on the protruding rock & move to the right side diagonally upwards. One can find a good condition bolt here. The forth stage is easy climb of 10-15 ft wall but the difficult scree above to tackle with. Then this is the summit where one can find plenty of Bolts fixed for descending from both end of the pinnacle. In the center there are 2 good condition pegs for anchoring.