Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Active Holiday Company|
|Pickup Point||Will be informed later|
|Pickup Time||2:00 PM|
|Things to Carry||Important Travel Documents :
1. Passport with photocopies.
2. Visas with photocopies.
3. Travel insurance with photocopies. Please ensure your insurers name, 24 hr emergency contact telephone number and policy number are highlighted.
4. All flight tickets for the trip with photocopies.
5. Active Holiday Company Trip Confirmation Certificate.
6. Photocopies of important documents to be kept separately.
7. Copy of the itinerary of your trip.
8. Spare passport photos.
9. Credit / Debit Card, Travellers Cheques with serial numbers kept at a separate place.
10. Youth/Student identification / Senior Citizen card for discounts.
11. International driving license if you have one.
12. Vaccination Certificates if needed.
13. Money belt that can be secured safely.
14. Money – small denominations of local currency if you can get some before the trip.
Personal Effects :
1. First aid kit comprising any personal medication, aspirin / paracetamol, band-aids, head-ache balm, rehydration salts of your choice, anti-allergy pills, anti-diarrhea pills, anti-nausea pills, small scissors, nail file, sun-block (50 SPF), lip balm, after sun moisturizer, insect repellent and antihistamine/insect bite cream, female hygiene products.
2. Water purifying / iodine tablets,Toothbrush, tooth-paste, deodorant, bio-degradable soap, shampoo, washing detergent.
3. Prescription Diamox / alternate for altitude sickness.
4. Prescription glasses / contact lenses and solution.
5. Antibacterial gel and wet-wipes.
6. Wide brim hat, sunglasses with UV protection.
7. Minimum 2 liters water bottle so you don’t have to buy plastic bottles, cloth shopping bag.
8. Book to read, journal, pen, travel pillow, cards / travel games.
9. Eye mask, ear plugs, army knife (this must always be in your checked in luggage when you are taking a flight).
10. Adapter, alarm clock, phone with charger, i-pod / MP3 with charger and spare ear-phones, camera and film if your camera needs it.
11. Travel pillow, torch with reusable batteries, head-lamp.
12. Night clothes/sleepwear.
13. Plastic bag to separate wet and dry / clean & soiled clothes.
Arrive at Reykjavik hotel. Visit two of the most striking attractions - The Hallgrímskirkja Church & the beautiful Harpa Concert Hall.
Northern Lights excursion - Get the unique experience of walking behind the Seljalandsfoss cascade. Visit the nearby Skóga Museum. Enjoy the beautiful view of the salt caves and towering columnar basalts at the black volcanic beach at Reynisfjara.
Head for a short walk near Svinafellsjokull, an outlet of the glacier using crampons and ice axes.
Visit the mighty Gulfoss Waterfall; one of Europe’s most powerful & also visit Geysir, home to the inimitable hot spouts.
Enjoy the breathtaking sights of the Leidarendi lava tube cave before heading to the Blue Lagoon - a geo thermal spa to sooth your senses.
1. 4 Night Accomodation: 2 Nights at Reykjavik, 2 Nights at Laki at class Hotels.
2. All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
3. Arrival and Departure Airport Transfers
4. A comfortable, heated minibus for all transport
5. Guided tour to Hallgrímskirkja Church, Harpa Concert & Conference Centre, Skóga Museum, Thingvellir National Park and the Old 6. Harbour
6. Guided tour to mighty waterfalls
7. Guided tour to black volcanic beach at Reynisfjara
8. Guided tour to the beautiful Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
9. Visit to Geysir
10. Guided tour into the Leidarendi lava tube cave
11. Services of an English-speaking Expert Local Guide.
12. Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
1. Service Tax and / or any other taxes.
2. International or domestic flights, unless included
3. Meals other than those mentioned as included (please contact us to know details specific to your trip)
4. Optional arrival and departure transfers or transfer costs to the starting point of the vacation
5. Visa, passport, travel insurance.
6. Optional tours that can be bought on a supplement.
7. Single room supplement
8. Entrance fees to attractions not specified as included (please contact us to know details specific to your trip)
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Who wouldn’t be fascinated to witness the transient bright colorful dancing lights of the aurora! The long periods of darkness and the frequency of clear nights provide many good opportunities to watch this display and it has attracted people from over centuries! Now is the time for you to get enthralled! Join us for this wonderful life-time experience trip along with visits to some of the most remarkable sights in the south including the Glacial Lagoon, Thingvellir N.P and a number of mighty waterfalls. Forecast will be persistently monitored to maximise your chance of success to experience the world's best natural lightshow. So, what are you waiting for?