Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Explorers Trek & Tours|
|Event Date||Nov 14, 2016|
|Event End Date||Nov 14, 2016|
|Event Location||Ghangad ,Lonavala|
|Pickup Point||S. P. College Tilak Road, Pune|
|Pickup Time||5:30 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. A Good Quality of Rucksack suitable for One day Trek with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
2. Minimum 3 Liter. Water Bottle.
3. Extra Dress in a plastic Bag.
4. Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
5. Napkin / Towel.
6. Glucon – D OR Electrol – Optional
7. Shoes Compulsory in a Good Condition while trekking. (Floaters / Sandals Not Allowed.).
8. Dress Code – T-shirt, Flexible Track pant. (HALF PANT NOT ALLOWED.)
9. Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
10. Personal Medicines, if any.
Report at SP College. Give attendance to the Team Explorers.
After attendance Depart for Ghangad.
Reach Ekole Village. Have Tea and packed Breakfast.
After Briefing Start trek towards Ghangad. Toilets are not available throughout the Trek & at Base Village.
Reach top of Ghangad. Explore the fort.
Lunch at Base Village.
Start return journey towards Pune. Evening Tea on the way.
Reach at SP Collage, pune.
1. Transportation by Private Vehicle.(Pune-Lonavala-Ekole).
2. Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch.
3. Adventure Experts & Leaders of Explorers.
4. Safety & Tested Equipments.
5. First aid kit.
6. Government Service Tax.
1. Dinner of Previous Day, Cold drinks, Mineral water, etc.
2. Private orders of Tea, Breakfast
3. Personal expenses of any kind.
4. Insurance Coverage.
5. Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
6. Any other charges not mentioned in “Fees Include”.
|Instructions & Guidelines||During the Camp all the participants should obey all the Instructions and Decisions taken by the authorised representative of Explorers or Camp Leader.|
Ghangad fort is located in Lonavala region, on the western side of the Mulshi river which is in Pune District. This region is also called the Korbarase Maval. Actually this fort is very small. The fort is surrounded by other forts like Korigad, Telbaila and Sudhagad and yet it is quite lonely and separate from the others. There are two huge rocks caves at the entrance of the fort. The fort has been renovated and still work is going on. Due to renovation the forts now look good. The known information and history about this fort is very less. There is not much of documentation regarding this fort. Ekole village which is at the base of the fort. The height of this fort is 2500 feet. The history says this fort is actually used as prison by Peshwa. It was originally occupied by Koli Samant and then was later annexed by Adil Shah and then later on with the Marathas.