Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Backpack Outdoors|
|Pickup Time||Will be intimated to registered participants few days prior to the event.|
|Things to Carry||Will be informed later.|
Departure from Pune and reach Kolkata by next day evening (by train)
Switch trains and depart from Kolkata at night and reach New Jalpaiguri the next morning.
Reach New Jalpaiguri by early morning, have breakfast and leave for Darjeeling by road approx 2 n half hrs.Reach Darjeeling and explore the town for rest of the day. Beautiful lights blinking at night can be seen as far as ten kilometers.
Site seeing and visiting local market (vast variety of local products which are never seen or heard anywhere)
Visit Kurseong by taxi and visit the tea factory where the world famous tea is manufactured. While coming back after lunch we return to Darjeeling by the Darjeeling Himalayan train on which the famous song was shot -Mere Sapno ki Rani(Rajesh Khanna & Sharmila Tagore) This train has been awarded by the world heritage status by UNESCO.
Leave Darjeeling by around afternoon depending on the connecting train departure from NJP and come down to New Jalpaiguri station and catch train to Kolkata from NewJalpaiguri station.
Reach Kolkata and catch Duronto for Pune.
Reach Pune station the vacation ends.
1. Taxi traveling to Darjeeling from NJP station/ Bagdogra airport.
2. Hotel stays at Darjeeling for the entire period (Heritage class hotel )
3. All meals veg and non veg, breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served at the hotel restaurant. Apart from our regular food we can also order Nepali and Sikkimese food. The small cafes offer a variety of Chinese, Nepali Buddhist, and Sikkimese cuisine.
4. Taxi travel for all days sight-seeing in Darjeeling.
5. Accommodation is on twin sharing basis.
6. Backpack Outdoors charges
1. Travelling cost from Pune station to New Jalpaiguri station and the meals during train journey
2. Entry tickets at museums and wherever applicable like Darjeeling toy train ride or the ropeway ride.
3. Any unforeseen medical emergency if ever it happens
4. Anything which is not mentioned in 'Cost Includes'.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Darjeeling is a town in India's West Bengal state, in the Himalayan foothills.Get ready for the beautiful journey of your life where you will be astonished to see the bond of human & nature so perfect that you will fall in love for the place.