Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Ravers Expedition|
|Event Date||Dec 28, 2016|
|Event End Date||Dec 31, 2016|
|Event Location||Chopta, Uttarakhand|
|Pickup Time||7.00 AM|
|Things to Carry||Will be informed later|
|Itinerary||DAY 1 : Drive Rishikesh- Sari
Our trek begins from Rishikesh. after breakfast we drive for a good 7-8 hours to reach Sari. The drive, though long is beautiful as we drive along the Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakani rivers. Enroute we stop at Deoprayag which is another important Hindu site, known for the confluence of two distinct colored Bhagiati and Alaknanada Rivers, which then flows down as the Ganga. Once in Sari, we trek for a short while to the beautiful Himalyan Lake, Deori Tal. This trek does not take long but is steep, often giving a good view of sorrunding village . You can take the day off to explore the area around and then retire to your cozy tents after a good, wholesome dinner.
DAY 2 : Trek Devariyatal - Chopta (3000m) 6-7 hrs.
The trail goes through the dense forest and stays on the ridge all the way to Tali. From here we descend for a while to cross a stream and then climb up gradually to reach Chopta, located in an idyllic setting having beautiful meadows and is surrounded by dense forests.
DAY 3 : Trek Chopta - Tungnath (3680m) - Chandrashilla Top (4130m) - Chopta.
Start early in the morning and climb up to the temple of Tungnath and beyond. Tungnath, one of the Shiva temples is the highest temple in Garhwal and has definitely a certain mystical/religious aspect which is quite based on the spectacular surrounding and views from there. iews which go far beyond the simple "view of mountains". The summit of the Chandrashilla peak provides a breathtaking 360 degree view.
DAY 4 : Drive Chopta - Rishikesh (6-7 hrs)
Morning after breakfast board our waiting vehicle and drive back to Rishikesh. Tour terminates upon arrival in Rishikesh.
• 2 guides for the group of maximum 14 trekkers so 1 guide for 7 group members. This will ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek. All our guides are professionally trained and have many years of relevant experience in guiding treks.
• Accommodation (hotel or Guest house or home stay or camping).
• Good quality camping arrangements.
we believe that roughing it out necessarily doesn’t mean sleeping in smelly sleeping bags, compromising on safety by using low quality equipment and having unappetizing meals. We focus on your safety, basic comforts and the environment while camping. Keeping this is mind, the following equipment is provided on the trek.
• 3/4 season imported alpine tents ,sleeping bag , mattresses , Hot water bottles in the night (during the trek), Camping stools, Mess Tent, Toilet tents.
• All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 till breakfast on last day. A lot of emphasis is given to nutritional needs and a menu of vegetarian dishes is prepared accordingly. Tea/coffee will be served throughout.
• Porter/mule charges for carrying camping equipment & rations.
• Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any).
• First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations).
• Service Tax
• Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
• Any meals/services not mentioned above.
• Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
• Charges for a porter/mule to carry personal bag throughout the trek (not more than 10 kgs.).
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Chandrashilla Summit is a rock face above the temple of Tungnath, the highest of all the temples in the Himalayas. It is a popular trek that can be undertaken round the year, except during the heavy snowing month of December and January. Moving on the trek the first attraction is Deoria Tala high altitude lake. It would not be frozen, even when the surrounding places seem to be bathed in white. A perfect camping site, the lake is then left for another tourist magnet, the Valley of Chopta. It seems to be nothing more than a snow covered rocky terrain that was once lush green in another season. Next on the list is temple of deity of destruction- Lord Shiva, on Chopta to Chandrashila Snow Trek. Considered to be the highest temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, Tunganath Temple automatically gets its devotees paying a visit to it in reverence. And then, last but not the least, Chopta Chandrashila Summit will make for the complete adventure of the snowy journey.