Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Lets Campout|
|Event Location||Valvand, Shirota Lake, Lonavala|
|Pickup Point||Lets Campout Office (Details will be informed later )|
|Pickup Time||4.30 PM|
|Things to Carry||Will be informed later|
|Itinerary||Timings: Check in & Check Out
1. Check in: 1630 hrs – Day 1
2. Check out: 1000 hrs – Day 2
We do not recommend the usage of cars (neither Sedans nor SUV’s) to reach the campsite. The guests have to either trek for 10 kms from Lonavala or rent a Tata Sumo at additional charge of Rs.900/- per sumo one way. The Tata Sumo can seat 07 people.
1. Camping next to the lake under the clear blue skies.
2. Camping Tents equipped with Solar lights, comfortable mattress, blankets & pillows
3. Comfortable dry toilet tent commodes with tissue rolls , hand sanitiser & water
4. Time-bound Campfire at night
5. Night trek to nearby jungle.
6. Mineral water
7. Tea with biscuits on arrival
8. Limited Barbecue (Veg / Non Veg)
9. Home Cooked Dinner Buffet (Veg / Non Veg)
10. Home Cooked Breakfast on Day Two
3. Tips, Porters, Phone calls
4. Parking expense
5. Any kind of personal expense / insurance
6. All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances
7. like Road blocks, bad weather
8. Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the "Inclusions" column above
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Camping in Lonavala is a unique experience combining adventure and convenience of being closer to Mumbai and Pune. The lake brims with water throughout the year and is quite secluded place with forest cover.The campsite is located 11 km from Lonavala.Shirota Lake comes into its own during the post monsoon with an abundance of lush foliage.The best time to camp is in the winters, which extend from November to March, with night-time temperatures ranging from 12-15 degrees. That's all the more reason to cosy up to our campfires. After the extended winter, summer lasts for just two months between April and May. Even then, the weather is a pleasant 18-20 degrees during the day, and the evenings are surprisingly chilly.