Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Pugmarks Eco Tours Pvt.Ltd|
|Event Location||Koyana ,Mahabaleshwar|
|Pickup Point||For Mumbai Members : Raja Shivaji Vidyalay, Dadar (E), opp. State Bank of India.
For Pune Members : Congress Bhavan near Pune Municipal Corporation.
|Pickup Time||For Mumbai Members : 5.30 AM
For Pune Members : 6.15 AM
|Things to Carry||1. One haversack and one small shoulder bag (No trolley bag or suitacse)
2. Comfortable clothes for the no. of days (track Pants, t-shirts, tops etc) (Avoid Jeans)
3. Suitable nightwear , shorts, 3/4 s, one shawl/ chaddar, sweatshirt.
4. Undergarments, towel, napkin/ handkerchief, ladies sanitary sets
5. Sport shoes ,socks, floaters, Sun cap/ hat, water bottle
6. Personal kit containing toilet accessories, sun screen, cold cream, odomos
7. Torch with fresh batteries
8. Sun glasses, camera, binoculars (optional at your own risk)
9. Personal medicine, if any, with a note explaining doses, time, quantity etc. with the name of the child, No need to send any 10. extra medicine
11. Pen, a small diary, a story book
12. Around 200/- for shopping at (Durshet/ Matheran)
13. Please don’t send Mobile phone, music player etc. with the child.
Mumbai campers to report at 0530 hrs sharp at Raja Shivaji Vidyalay, Dadar (E), opp. State Bank of India.
Bus departs at 0545 hrs. Breakfast enroute. Reach to campsite near Bamnoli, Satara by 1330 hrs. for lunch. Orientation and briefing about the camp. Games and activities in the evening
Pune Members reporting at 0615 hrs sharp at Congress Bhavan near Pune Municipal Corporation.
The bus departs at 0630 hrs. Breakfast enroute. Arrive at campsite near Bamnoli, Satara and settle down.Orientation and briefing about the camp. Games and activities in the evening.
Full day of activities – Valley Crossing, Kayaking. Interact with local villagers. Team games and treasure hunt.
Camp fire at night.
Early morning trek in the mountains.
In the afternoon swimming, tree climbing, jungle cooking, games and activities.
Finals of various games and races. Prize distribution and farewell.
Depart for Satara Railway station to board (11030) Koyna Exp. at 1200 hrs. Arrive Thane at 1910 hrs. and Dadar at 1940 hrs.
Arrive at Congress Bhavan between 1800 to 1830 hrs.
1. Mumbai-campsite non ac bus & Satara – Mumbai Chair car train travel & Pune-Bamnoli -Pune by chartered bus
2. Accommodation in tents
3. All veg meals from breakfast on day one to afternoon snacks on day four
4. Kayaking and adventure equipment
5. Services of coaches and instructors
1. Personal expenses such as telephones, cold drinks / ice creams, mineral water, porter charges etc.
2. Insurance of any kind
3. Medical, hospitalization and related
4. Emergency evacuation. Any item not covered under the head ‘cost includes’.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Our campsite is across the Tapola boat jetty, which is 28 km away from Mahabaleshwar. The campsite is ideal for adventure, nature trails and water based activities owing to its spectacular location on the Koyna back water. The view from the campsite - of the dam, the rivers, the imposing Sahyadri range and the deep forest is spectacular. The Koyana river on one side and the Solshi on the other and the merging of both these rivers at Tapola is a breathtaking sight. The dam is way downstream from here and is one of the largest in Maharashtra and is called the ‘Shivsagar’. The main aim of this programme is to enjoy a unique holiday with added flavor of exciting adventure, enchanting birding, comfortable stay in the tented campsite and most important the starlit sky at night. The adventure includes flying fox, kayaking, tree climbing, mountain biking, jungle cooking and stargazing… Geography: The campsite is located next to village Ahire on the banks of the Shivsagar lake. It can be approached from Mahableshwar. One has to get off at the Tapola boat jetty and take a boat across the lake. This area forms the catchment area of the Koyna dam. The backwaters stretch over 50 kms from the dam. The Solshi and Koyna rivers have their confluence at Tapola. The campsite remains closed during the monsoon months.Tapola is just 25 km away from Mahabaleshwar and around 145 km away from the city of Pune.