Brief Event Description
|Event Organiser||Ravers Expedition|
|Event Location||Kanglung Kang Glacier, BRAHMAPUTRA|
|Pickup Time||8.00 am|
|Things to Carry||NA|
- Morning transfer to the airport to board the flight to Dibrugarh.
- Visit to an ETHNIC WEAVING CENTRE
- Visit to a HERITAGE TEA GARDEN.
OVERNIGHT DIBRUGARH HOTEL.
Transfer to PASIGHAT by boat (80km; 08hrs).
- See the GANGES RIVER DOLPHIN & a great variety of resident & migratory birdlife from SIBERIA & CENTRAL EUROPE ENROUTE. - OVERNIGHT PASIGHAT.
Day 3 - 4
- Drive 2 long days along SIANG RIVER, through ADI VILLAGE, settlements and lush tropical rain forest. Reach tuting by teatime.
- CHECK INTO TENTS, RELAX
- Relaxed day to sort out gear - walk around and interface with local tribal at JEDU VILLAGE, time permitting.
- Ready rafts in the afternoon - a comprehensive safety briefing followed by instruction on paddling commands and rescue procedures.
- OVERNIGHT AT TUTING.
- Raft tuting - PANGO (5hrs) camp.
- This morning, we encounter the big class 4 NINGUING RAPID and continue past another class 3 RAPID at PALSI to reach PANGO, where we set up camp for the night, above yet another big RAPID to be encounter the following morning.
- CAMPFIRE DINNER AND OVERNIGHT CAMP.
- Raft PANGO - Cheering camp.
- Today we scout and raft down the RAPID and enter the NINGUING & MARMONG GORGES, one of the most beautiful and remote jungle GORGES in the world.
- It has steep forest and rising into obvillion on each side past the big rapid at RIKOR & ZEBRA ROCK RAPID to set camp above a class 6 rapid at CHERRING.
- OVERNIGHT CAMP.
- Raft CHERRING – YINKEONG/ALUBADI CAMP.
- After a portage around the class 6 rapid, we raft out of the MORMONG GORGE negotiating several class 3+ rapids followed by a float till YINKEONG/ALUBADI where we make camp for the night.
- Raft at GEKU TWINS CAMP.
- We begin with the big rapid below ALUBADI BEACH, called "MOING MADNESS" followed by milder ones all the way till the suspension bridge at NUBO. We Raft down the “KARKO KILLER” and make it to a beautiful site near GEKU.
- CAMP FOR THE NIGHT.
- REST DAY AT GEKU TWINS CAMP.
- Raft GEKU TWINS till below SANGAM.
- After GEKU, we begin a long float till the 65 bridge at DITTE DIME. An easy day with long float sections. We pass several ADI Tribal settlements on the way and float the confluence of the SIANG RIVER with the SIYOM RIVER after the suspension bridge at BOLING.
- We pass the FLOOD-RUTTED GUESTHOUSE of YEMBUNG and float onto camp near ROTUNG VILLAGE, in the time for hot lunch.
- Transfer all gear onto our travel bags from the dry bags and a chance to wash up near a fresh water spring.
- Raft ROTUNG- PASIGHAT.
- We begin the final run to the plain at PASIGHAT by negotiating the last biggie on the trip at PONGING. The SIANG seems to gather a lot more volume se we float into PASIGHAT where we beach our rafts for the last time on this trip.
- TRANSFER TO REST HOUSE AT PASIGHAT.
- Drive to BOGHIWHEEL GHAT and take a ferry boat across the DIBRUGARH.
- Transfer to airport for flight to New Delhi. TRIP ENDS.
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
|Difficulty Level||Yes Its Difficult !|
The source of this river lies in the Kanglung Kang Glacier near the Kailash range of Himalayas located in the south-western part of the Tibetan plateau at an elevation of 5,300m (82°10° E and 30°30' N) near Konggyu Tso Lake .
We Also Recommend
Panwalikantha TrekRs. 8,300.00Location: Uttrakhand
Har Ki Doon TrekRs. 14,500.00Location: Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand
Valley of Flowers TrekRs. 12,000.00Event Date: 27-12-2016Location: Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand
The Zanskar Rafting ExpeditionRs. 53,000.00Location: Zanskar, Leh
Rafting In Kali - DandeliRs. 1,350.00Location: Dandeli
Upper Alaknanda ExpeditionsRs. 12,500.00Location: Alaknanda, Uttarakhand