Brief Event Description
|Event Location||Bhorgiri, Bhimashankar, Pune|
|Pickup Point||Fergusson College main gate, Pune|
|Pickup Time||05.45 AM|
|Things to Carry||1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
|Itinerary||Day 1 :
1. Start journey towars Pune- Rajgurunagar - Bhorgiri by private vehicle at 6.00 am
2. Have Breakfast on the way
3. Start Trek from Bhorgiri Village to Bhimashankar.
4. Trek to Bhimashankar
5. Have lunch at Bhimashankar
6. Small trail near Bhimashankar forest.Have tea & start return journey towards Pune.
1. Transport from Pune to Pune by private vehicle
2. Tea breakfast and Lunch on day 1
4. Printed information brochure
5. First aid kit.
1. Dinner on day 1
2. Mineral water, cold drinks, dry snacks like chips etc.
3. Anything not mentioned in the included list
|Instructions & Guidelines||NA|
Bhorgiri is a small fort located below the plateau of bhimashankar.The trek route is through dense jungle and provides many opportunities for nature lovers and particularly Photographers !! One can see the state animal of Maharashtra which Giant Squirrel, in local language recognized as Shekru . Bhimashankar is also home to the barking deers, wild boars and many other small herbovores. It is also host to small carnivores like jackal. This trek is very beautiful throughout the year and in all seasons. The bhorgiri Fort is worth visiting as it has 17 water tanks at the top. The origin of the Bhima river is on the way of this trek route.